Employee contributions are 1/4 of 1% and all monies go directly to ECECAF. 60% of all contributions are allocated to the charitable portion of the fund and 40% of contributions are allocated to the scholarship portion. The charitable portion is included on all members’ annual T4s. The Board of Trustees endeavors to distribute financial assistance as fairly as possible to support our members and promote healthy communities within the Edmonton region.
ECECAF is administered by a Board of Trustees comprised of one representative from each of the nine participating unions and associations.
The membership consists of:
- Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 569
- Alberta Health Services Community Care & Public Health, Association of Management and Non-Union Affiliates (AMNUA)
- City of Edmonton Management Association (CEMA)
- CUPE Local 30 (Edmonton Civic Employees)
- Edmonton Fire Fighters Union (EFFU)
- Edmonton Police Senior Officers Association
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1007
- Unifor Local 829
- United Nurses of Alberta (UNA) Local 196
Representatives allocate funds to members and charitable organizations following established criteria and guidelines. The
administration of the fund is governed by a trust agreement signed by the participating members, and
registered with Revenue Canada.